Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How Sweet And Low Affects You

"Afghanistan, this mission was the most intense"

Tisset Eric, 37, adjutant to the 3rd Rima, testifies in front in the war, a documentary for France 2. This film is presented tonight, a preview, the Palace of Arts.
Interview


What you like about your job in the military?


It was not a vocation to begin with. It was watching the images of the Gulf War in the early 90s, I started to dream. I'm not from a family of soldiers yet!


I entered the army as a conscript and liked it. At first it was hard, but if it over again, I would.


Since when are you in Vannes?


since September 2007. At 37, I have completed 19 years of service in Martinique, Frejus, Pamiers.


With the 3rd Rima, you went to Afghanistan. What memories do you have?


When is military, the mission to do. It lasted six months. It was very intense. I have not seen the days pass. There, the fire was permanent.


Before leaving, I asked myself many questions. On site, as a platoon leader with forty soldiers under my command, I was not afraid.


Even when one of your men died?


Facing death, a platoon leader must always be stronger than others. It was a mission. Here we go! We do not question.


My priority was to get everyone back safe and sound, all these 20 year olds I was responsible. I was not afraid of death.


Can we remain indifferent to the death of one of his comrades?


I thought I wanted at first. But the backlash has been installed. I wondered what I was going to tell his parents. This death, I will not forget. We can not forget. But life goes on.


director documentary, aired tonight at the Palace of Arts, believes that in France we went to the unknown soldier unknown soldier. Do you feel this indifference to Vannes?


Not at all! Unlike my hometown Marseille · ° where people do not care a bit about the military, it feels a real sense of valves attached to the regiment. We are recognized.


During our mission in Afghanistan, we have received numerous letters and parcels from schoolchildren and residents. That was heartwarming. The Award Morbihan year "award by readers of western France, we also welcome.


Does the return of Afghanistan has been difficult?


The harder it was to find a rather ordinary day without adrenaline. It is out of touch. Generally, it is six to eight months after returning from injuries that may emerge.


Psychologists therefore start listening to those who feel the need. In my section, fortunately, we did not encounter big problems.


How long do you still give the army?


Six years probably. Now I pass the torch, my experience, the younger, by conducting training.


They are your relatives will be happy to see you end your career, right?


My mother and my girlfriend very badly spent my time in Afghanistan. They have never much worried. It is true that this mission was the most intense.


http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actuLocale_--L-Afghanistan-ce-fut-la-mission-la-plus-intense-_-1703811--- --- 56260-aud_actu. Htm
hebergeur image

0 comments:

Post a Comment